Net Zero by 2050 - Baseline Metrics and Strategic Projections
Energy Opportunities Executive Forum
Thursday, 24 June 2021, 8:00 a.m.–10:00 a.m. | Houston, Texas
Join industry leaders for an interactive discussion about strategies for reducing emissions and removing CO2 from the atmosphere in order to meet the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC)’s goal to cut emissions to zero by 2050. Panelists will share their companies’ strategies for reducing emissions and discuss COVID-19’s effect on climate change.
To ensure a smooth and enjoyable experience for speakers and participants, attendee microphones and cameras are disabled during panel discussions. Send your questions to panelists using the Q&A feature.
Register for Forum
Santiago Martínez Ochoa
Sustainability and Decarbonization Manager, Ecopetrol, Bogota, Colombia
Professor of Exploration Geoscience, Heriot-Watt University
Academic Director, GeoNetZero Centre for Doctoral Training, Edinburgh, Scotland
Geothermal Leader and OFS Energy Transition, Baker Hughes, Houston, USA
General Manager, Business Transformation, Exploration, Shell, Houston, USA
Dig deeper and join the discussion after the panel by registering for one of our Virtual Roundtable discussions facilitated by Executive Forum panelists in virtual breakout rooms. Roundtables offer a more personal experience for participants, who can use their microphones and cameras throughout the. Breakout rooms open 10 minutes following the panel discussion and will be open for one hour.
A separate registration for roundtables is required in order to secure participant security.
Roundtable 1: The Role of the Oil and Gas Industry in Achieving Net Zero Targets
Moderated by Andrea Reynolds and Ajit Menon
- Incorporating clean energy solutions into traditional oil and gas projects
- Strategies for reducing companies’ carbon footprints
- Applying industry expertise to clean energy projects
Register for Roundtable 1
Roundtable 2: Upskilling and Re-skilling for the Energy Transition
Moderated by John Underhill
- Pivoting from conventional and unconventional subsurface work to projects in CCUS, geothermal and related initiatives
- The future of university geoscience programs
- Advice for students and professionals interested in clean energy careers
Register for Roundtable 2
Roundtable 3: Increasing Investor Confidence through Corporate ESG Policies
Moderated by Santiago Martínez Ochoa
- Understanding and comparing metrics used to measure sustainability
- Institutionalizing and ESG at energy companies
- Comparing approaches for NOCs and IOCs
Register for Roundtable 3
Contact for additional information and sponsorship opportunities.